Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Aaaannnd....we're back!


Yep, I know... My blog was way behind once again. I have no real excuse except that I just didn't feel like blogging. I've actually been trying to make a dent in my scrapbooking that's even further behind. (That and I've enjoyed the chilly months curling up with book after book.) Weekends were spent in various gyms for various wrestling tournaments.  So to catch up, here's the highlights of the last three months in quick review.
There was the ward Christmas party. Zyatt (that's the bromance nickname of Zac and Wyatt) both had parts in the program. Zac was a wiseman and Wyatt was a shepard. Don't ask about the ping pong paddle on the staff... we have no idea.
Santa for both the young and...
old.
We hosted my parents for Christmas Eve dinner.  My poor sister was home with the flu.
The kids helped to get everything ready with their usual pre-Christmas silly.  One of the most important things for them to have on Christmas Eve is our traditional English crackers with our paper crowns to wear throughout dinner.
Yes, I'm a mean mom.  I didn't let anyone open presents on Christmas until we were home from church.  Everyone changed back into jammies and we let crazies loose.
The day after Christmas we went out to Grandpa and Grandma Miller's house.  Kiarra spent a lot of time alphabetizing their family ordinance cards from the temple.  They've been very busy.
And of course there's quality time with cousins...oops, I mean DS time with the cousins.
We finished off December with our annual New Year's Eve party... the kids survived WAY past midnight.
Todd started off the new year by taking his oath of office for the city council.
Icky photo...but I hurried to snap this as they started the first council meeting.  Todd's direct responsibilities include planning & zoning and streets.  This makes for a few extra meetings and A LOT of time, but so far he's enjoyed learning more about our town.
Zac had been working all year on his World's Fair Report and did an excellent job.
And last on the list of updates is Max's 6th birthday on Feb. 15th.  He started the morning with his traditional breakfast present.  Two new Skylanders.  This is the newest obsession for my boys.  They need the figures to unlock different levels and stuff on their X-Box game.  Whatever.  But dang...these figures are not the easiest to find.  They sell out as soon as they get stocked.  Crazy good marketing ploy.  Yep...call me sucker.
That evening we had a small family party.  Max got a new, big boy bike.
The following Saturday, we had his friend party.  It was Cars Extravaganza!
Max and his Best Friends.  Poor Hannah handled a party of boys just fine.
The tool chest game was fun.  Everyone got several chances to pull the slats out.  If any candy fell that player gets to keep the candy.  I was surprised just how much they like this one.
Everyone got to paint their own car.  Move over Ramone.
Several challenging games of Red Light/Green Light.
They got to try out Guido and Luigi's job.  Who could make the tallest tire stack?
And finally...cupcake time!  I had a great time planning this party and the kids were all very good.  I think I had as much fun as the kids.  A HUGE thanks to Kiarra and Zac for all their help. 
And whew!  I'm done.  Once again I'll try my best to update more often.  Thanks family for not giving me too much crap about the state of my blog.  :)





1 comment:

  1. Wow. I want you to plan my birthday party. It's going to be a big one, what ideas do you have?

    ReplyDelete